Search This Blog

Sunday 15 October 2017

The Chronicles of "trying to be more woman" - Episode 11 - Weekly, what have I used.

Going to try a new direction with the weekly "what have i used". I feel like I'm posting the same things every week because being realistic, it takes a while to get through a shower gel/Soap/shampoo/conditioner. Its not so exciting to show you the same thing over and over again. Instead let me show you new things, old favourites and used items.



So in with the new:



Above are three of the new products I've been trying out this week.

On the left we have Simple hydrating light moisturiser  which is something which I've Incorporated into my daily routine. This is such a light cream that it soaks in quickly and remains lightly on the skin (until your natural oils replace it). The only thing which could improve this would be if they could do something with the scent or lack there of. I'm a massive fan of the clean Nivea cream scent and have come to expect a fresh smell on a moisturiser.

In the middle is the Avon Sweet Vanilla bubble bath. It was our (oh the Mr do love a bubble bath) first time trying this out tonight and the scent is strong in the bottle but weak out of the bottle (and in the bath.... obviously). Would i recommend this? I wouldn't recommend anything from Avon as i did not enjoy their website experience nor their customer services (see my rage page article for further information regarding my customer service experience). This was however super cheap so get it while it lasts if you want some cheap bubble bath....

Lastly on the right is the L'occitane Supple skin oil. I've been using this in the morning and at night on and around my nails. I've been using this less than a week but can really see an improvement on the skin around my nails. I've even convinced the Mr to let me use this on him. I'm hoping if his skin around his nails is less rough, it may stop him chewing his nails. We'll see........




To the left is a new Shampoo to the Mr but an old friend to me. This the Aldi's Hydration Shampoo. Another super bargain. This shampoo has a sumptuous scent (so great I'd love to eat it). Hydration is in the name and hydration  is what it does. I tried this out previously when i was regularly showering at the gym (I haven't stopped showering, I've stopped going to the gym instead) but for me this was TOO hydrating. After a month of use i found it was leaving too much of a residue on my hair meaning that my hair was greasy even after washing. I do have super soft hair and when the Mr asked for a shampoo conditioner combo I thought this could do the job for him. He seems to like it and I'm using it once or twice a week which is agreeable with the delicate fine hair i have.










On the right is the Crabtree & Evelyn moroccan myrrh hair and body wash. This is another newbie for my mister. I bought this in the January sales from T K Maxx for a steal at only £3 (you can see I've poorly attempted to peel the labels off which is why i know the price still). I was unsure that he would like the scent but he seems pleased. Although it can be used on the hair and scalp, he is using this only as a body wash. I find it quite an old fashioned scent which is why I'm shocked that the other half likes it. He does surprise me still even after 7 years....








That ends the new stuff. Sad but true......


Onto the empties

Looking around online, empties seem to be a big thing among beauty bloggers. I'm not sure if its a sign of  "I've used the whole product so can review this fully" or a mark of pride almost like a trophy to say "i told you i had this and was trying it out".  Well here are my empties from this week:



My empties are the Shay & Blue perfume which i received in my Tili box recently. It was a small size so didn't last me very long. When i saw that the scent was blood orange i was worried as I'm not a fruity perfume person usually. Again when i sprayed a small amount in the lid i wasn't blown away. Perfume will always smell differently on each individual and once on my skin i really loved this!


The second empty is the The body shop seaweed deep cleansing facial wash. As mentioned before in my blogs this came from the Ashford retail outlet. I really loved this and it left my skin feeling really refreshed. I'd be tempted to get this again!







Lastly for this article i really wanted to share my hand wash. I know strange thing to want to share....


The handwash bottle is from Debenhams but it was some time ago so i couldn't say what make and price it was. Sorry too long ago and that really wasn't the point of me including this. I was running low on handwash and my other half had invited a friend over. I added my new handwash to the top of the old and its created this awesome mix effect which you can see a little in the picture but trust me when i say, its much better in person.

This mix is a mix of Aldi's Bubblegum handwash and Detol antibacterial handwash. The bubblegum wash was super awesome smelling and the scent stayed on your skin for some time. I worry about going cheap on a handwash as you want it to do its job....clean. The detol wash i cannot say anything about as its mixed with the old wash.....





Well that's all folks. Hope you enjoyed and if you did please do follow me!

Peace out 🕊☮ 

No comments:

Post a Comment