Search This Blog

Sunday 29 October 2017

The Chronicles of "trying to be more woman" - Episode 17 - Getting glam with Glossybox

I've never had a Glossybox before and since this months edition was Mermaid or Unicorn edition with an awesome eyeshadow palette from Makeup Revolution i was SOLD. So of course as many a savy shopper does, I dug out a voucher code and purchased away (uh oh... don't tell the other half). You can imagine the disappointment when the below arrived:



So I saw this and thought...Ok maybe they ran out of the boxes. I opened the box further:




I had thank sinking feeling I wasn't going to get what i thought i was purchasing.




Nope. Not mermaid or Unicorn. Regardless of not being the colourful delight i wanted it to be there was many a delight in the box.

Already reviewed in my last blog in Episode 16 of trying to be more woman I received the Too Faced Better than sex Mascara which i LOVED! Please refer back to my other blog for the full review.

As pictured, also reviewed was The Organic Pharmacy Antioxidant Lip Balm. This smells slightly Rosy however I didn't find the affect long lasting...... pity.

Another item which my colleague (blogger http://riettezemakeupchapette.blogspot.co.uk/ ) was particularly excited about was the Catrice Volumizing Lip Booster. I'm yet to try this but I'm not wow-ed by the colour.

Something I should have tried this weekend was the Smokey Eye Pen from Rodial. I'm not sure how to use this but I'm sure youtube will have the answer.

The other two are actually samples but I already know that i love the Himalayan Charcoal Mask from The Body Shop and as a lover of masks I look forward to trying the Hydro Face Masks from Rose of Jericho.



The subscription for Glossybox is £10 + postage and packaging so I'm not sure if I'll be trying them again. When i queried why i didn't get the Mermaid or Unicorn box they simply stated that it was sold out. I'm not sure if that's acceptable since its basically false advertisement.

That's all I have for now so Peace Out! ☮🕊

No comments:

Post a Comment