Search This Blog

Sunday 8 October 2017

The Chronicles of "trying to be more woman" - Episode 9 - A weekly "what have i used"?

Its been a while. Busy week, busy mind, not really had the time to write a blog. I haven't forgotten so here's my weekly used bits:





 There are a number of repeats so I'll take us through some of these as logically as I can.


On right are three the body shop products I used this week. I purchased all of these from the Ashford Retail Outlet. This outlet is well worth a visit for any bodyshop fan. I got the two smaller bottles for £1.25 each and the bigger bottle was part of a set which was also heavily reduced (sorry but it was a while ago and I really cannot recall the price on this).

I have reviewed the two smaller bottles before but below are the links in case you haven't read my previous blogs:

Seaweed Facial wash - £7.50 full price

Tea Tree Cleansing Toner - £6.00 full price 

NEW to the list:

Moringa Shower Gel - £5.00 full price. I found this to be quite moisturising, leaving my skin a little greasier than I'd like. The scent isn't really doing much for me either. As noted above i did get this as a set and I loved some of the other scents that came before this.





Both of those on the left are from Avon. If you read my blog on Customer Service you will know i recently placed my first order with them and fell out of love very quickly due to their terrible customer service team.

Displayed on the left are two of the products of which I purchased in my order.

The Bubble bath was not a winner for me. It bubbled as it should and was gentle on the skin but the scent was so old LADY. Still at £1.50 I'm not heartbroken over the purchase.

The Lip Balm on the other hand was a big win! I get really chapped lips and this was great for just before bed, lasting all the way til morning or first thing in the morning, lasting me til my first coffee. Once again this was a steal at only £2.20 I would like to suggest to readers to go out and get this. I say "would like to" as due to their customer service and super slow delivery I would suggest anyone to shop with them. Sad as there are so many great products!



On the right are two Lacura products. Lacura is the cosmetic/beauty make from Aldi.

I mentioned before that I prefer this purple mouthwash and after using it after the last one I can confirm this is still a solid favourite. At only £0.95 I'm not sure why everyone isn't using this?!?!

The other item is a lime shower gel bought for my other half but I wanted to give it a go as it smelt so edible. Once again an absolute steal at only £0.65 and so much better than similar products I've tried in this scent from other superstores. Well worth a try if you have an Aldi near by.

So many snub Aldi and the alike economy/own brand products. I would really urge people to give these products a whirl! You could really save some pennies without making any sacrifices!






Yep. Its those guys again. Sanctuary Spa is a make which I use daily. Their products always do as it says on the tin and the scents are DIVINE!

I have reviewed these both before and if you are thinking of purchasing from the company directly, or via boots, expect to pay the matching price tag. If you want a bargain however T J Hughes always has a great selection of their products as well as many other well known brands.

I found T J Hughes entirely by accident. When I moved to Maidstone I had a stroll round the shops and found this gem. Its brilliant and I have since introduced my family to this wonder. Their website isn't as varied so I'd urge you to visit your local store to check for bargains!



This a two new things for me rolled into one. I'd never heard of this brand and nor had I tried a foam cleanser. I purchased this from my favourite T J Hughes store as noted above for a bargain £1.99. This can be found on their website here.

Its noted on the bottle that there are moisturising benefits to this and that it can be used everyday. With the exception to today I have used it and unfortunately I have more spots and blemishes than ever. This could be due to the makeup I wore twice in the week, or could be due to stress in my life HOWEVER it hasn't helped as it should have. Ironically in gaining spots in places on my face which are usually clear, the blemish spots i usually have on my cheek have disappeared since using this. Swings and roundabouts ay?





To the right you will see two products both of which came in my Tili Box from QVC.

This was my first box from QVC and it didn't disappoint. It isn't a subscription and there are no surprises. You buy the box as seen and they aren't even regularly released. Its a case of being in the know or keeping your eye out.

Of the two on the right I could actually pick a favourite.

The Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat promises to be a nail strengthener and conditioner. This couldn't have come at a better time as I'd recently had two sets of gel nails and I'd peeled the last set off, just as the nail technician told me not to do. This really did work as nice recovery for my nails. At £23.50 it is steeply priced. I'm unsure if I'd purchase this again simply due to the price. Pity.

The Shay & blue perfume was a surprise. I knew I was relieving this as stated already, but I didn't expect to like it. The Scent is Blood orange which is a little sharp and slightly sweet. Its a lovely scent and lasts well! I think it's quite a summery scent and would have done better in a summer edition box. At only £49 a bottle however, this is cheaper than most perfumes and I'd definitely consider buying this again.

Below is everything I received in my Tili Box. I will get round to reviewing eventually, I promise!




Last but not least we come to how did I wash this week. Well I have had a couple of reactions this week (not sure what to, and often am never sure) so I went for a fairly simply soap.

This Culticura soap was purchased from Fragrance direct for £1.49. It has an old fashioned scent and as advertised is gentle on the skin. For my this is great as it doesn't dry out my skin but does get my skin squeaky clean without leaving any residue.



Well that's all I have this week. I hope you've enjoyed and if you have any tips or questions, please to let me know.


Until next time. Peace out! ☮🕊

No comments:

Post a Comment