Search This Blog

Sunday 15 October 2017

The chronicles of "trying to be more woman" - Episode 10 - Birchbox supports breast cancer



This month I decided to get my first Birchbox beauty box. Why this month? Well I've been keeping an eye on the products within the monthly box and this month I felt that I wanted everything that was a possible option. This is something I really liked about Birchbox, not only can you see the possible options available in the box for that month but also you get to choose between two of the items every time. This months choices were between ModelCo contour stick or Megalash mascara. I actually chose the option "surprise me" as, as i have already noted I would be happy with any of the this months options.


So next questions. What were the options and what did i get? Here..... have another picture:




I am yet to try these but i can tell you i am very excited about a couple of these items and cannot wait to try them.

Firstly the Spectrum Marble cosmetic brush. I haven't had much experience with brushes in general being that I am still a super amateur. Regardless i am really excited to give this a go.

Likewise i cannot wait to try the contour perfecting sponge from Ecotools. I'm really experimenting with contouring at the moment. I've been applying bronzer and highlighter really subtly and cautiously as i have been so unsure. With the blending sponge I'm going to search for some videos and try and up my contour game. I will post the results!

Leading from the contour sponge I am really desperate to try out the contour stick from modelco. I've already tried this out on my hand and it seems to blend really well. My colleague who is also a beauty blogger seems even more excited by this and excitement is really contagious.

The Number 4 Lumiere dhiver super comb prep and protect (WOW that's a long name) will be something which I can give a go almost immediately as part of my day to day routine. I'm not as excited by this but it is a practical item which I'll be able to use.

Another item which I'll start to try out immediately will be the Balance me Pure skin face wash which appears to be a Marks and Spencer's product. I always worry about a face wash as if i have a reaction with my sensitive skin it could really ruin all the work I've been trying to do to clear up my blemishes. Oh well. Lets see....

Lastly and the least wow of the products was the Anatomicals Grab your melons shower gel. Its a shower gel folks. It may smell nice but its going to be a sweet smelling gel just like many others out there I'm sure.



As happy as I was with my box i wanted to try one other product so BAD. The product i really wished for in the box was R + Co Badlands dry shampoo Paste. Pity but its an expensive product so its unlikely i will now get a chance to try this. Oh well.



I have the feeling most boxes came with the Grab your melons shower gel as this box edition was pink in line with "CoppaFeel". CoppaFeel is all about ladies keeping an eye on our breasticles and making sure we feel for any lumps and bumps. Their website has a GREAT instruction guide on how to check them which any lady should check out https://coppafeel.org/your-boobs/boob-check-101/ .


Well i hope you folks enjoyed this article and ladies..... go have a grope.... of yourself. I do not encourage you to go grope others!!!

Peace out ☮🕊

No comments:

Post a Comment