Search This Blog

Monday 11 September 2017

The Chronicles of trying to be more woman - Episode 3, masked mayhem

So I'm trying to be more woman I am learning one must attempt to take care of oneself. One of the ways to do this is using masks and such (or so I am told).

Pre besties wedding the bride-to-be decided she wanted to use a face mask. It was her first time as well as mine which is a bold move thinking of it since it was the night before the wedding and we could have had a horrendous reaction. Luckily for us... we didn't. She chose a brand which I'm usually OK with (i have pretty sensitive skin) and which she too is OK with. The other three bridesmaids have used masks of various brands in the past and knew they could use this. One of the bridesmaids was also vegan so we chose a brand, animal and skin friendly. So here goes blog audience.....

At what I think is a fairly hefty price tag of £16.00 this Himalayan Charcoal mask was my first attempt at woman-ing up with a mask. We used the below body shop Facial Mask Brush to apply the mask as we were advised to by the store assistant.... we didn't pay for the brush however as the bride bought another mask for later use which mean the brush was FREE. In the pot the mask looked like dried lava. It wasn't particularly something you would usually choose to lather onto your face.
Regardless, it applied nicely with the brush. So well in fact that i would suggest to others to purchase the brush to along with the mask. The first bridesmaid to put DID NOT read the instructions and ended up with sore runny eyes. THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS TEA TREE. It is therefore advised that you leave generous rings around the eyes to avoid discomfort. Heed this advice. The rest of us did and like the general feel of the mask whilst on. It gives a cooling, tingling sensation. Some found it a little burn-y on their blemishes but not too uncomfortable. To remove you must ruin a flannel (or three in our case). Using hot water and a flannel, massage and remove in circular movements. Its an exfoliant too see..... Or as i felt.... SCRAPING OFF MY WHOLE FACE. Me and one other were left looking a little red and blotchy after the mask however my skin felt FANTASTIC. The next morning the blotchyness was entirely gone and my skin felt soft and clean! I will be buying this and using it again. I will also try to convince my man fella to use it too. Below is my face looking muddy and beautiful:





As you can see this doesn't apply on too thickly actually. You can also see the massive tea tree leaves which are very apparent. I should point out that the Pyjama's were a primark special care of the lovely bride herself as a last gift to us bridesmaids. She's lovely isn't she? Below this I've include a picture of the PJ's and a link to Primark's website if you care to take a look....




https://m.primark.com/en/products/category/women,nightwear























After the wedding i was dehydrated.... I'm not sure why? It wasn't like i drank that much.....


Regardless not only was i thirsty but my skin was also dry and greasy all at the same time. It needed lotion and deep cleansing all at once. Not only this but after dancing all night I had blisters and super sore feet. I decided this would be a perfect time to try and woman and do womanly things in a womanly way, so i could recover....womanly like. I had got a free paper face mask with my order from Latest In Beauty, and a foot thing which I picked up months ago in the pound shop. On a lazy Sunday midday i decided... NOW was the time to try these things out.


A colleague at work (who also has a beauty blog which you should all check out http://riettezemakeupchapette.blogspot.co.uk/ ) recognised the make Maskorea and said it should be pretty good. WELL.... it gave me spots. To use it was sticky and unpleasant though at least easy. 
Step 1.... use cleanser in pouch labelled 1. 
Step 2.... open mask and apply to now cleansed and DRY face. Step 3.... after the specified time, remove mask and apply lotion from ouch labelled 3. This lotion is to be left on face all night. 

Well i woke up with some pretty bad spots after this. Maybe my skin didn't need a drink as much as i thought it did?

The foot thing wasn't half bad. Its simply a plastic bad with some fabric saturated in lotion. Pop feet in for the specified time. Remove from bag, chuck bag and let feet dry. Feet smelt glorious and it was a nice little lotion but with no lasting affects. At least it didn't give my feet spots.....

Below is a picture of me using said Maskorea mask.... enjoy:




p.s YES those are unicorn and rainbow PJ's.... AND WHAT?!?!?!!

That concludes this episode of trying to be more woman. I do actually feel more woman for using a mask. Its a silly little thing but you see and hear of it in movies and i always thought "women don't really do that"... turns out they do.... Can i join woman-dom yet?

Well I am most certainly #trying.

Peace out ☮

No comments:

Post a Comment