Search This Blog

Monday 18 September 2017

Rage page - Did someone say the "V" word?

Firstly let me say there will be NO pictures on article for the obviously reasons.....


So the "V" word... Of course being vagina *cue a certain proportion of the audience cringing*. It's strange that in this modern day in age men and women seem to be able to talk dick, dick, dick til the cows come home but for some (me included in the past) vagina's have always been a huge embarrassment. The question is why?


Some feminists would have you believe that we are embarrassed of and manicure our lady parts all because of men. I can't say I entirely agree. Partly yes. Ladies of that past (as in during Victorian times) were expected to fulfil womanly duties but otherwise remain seen but not heard. We were expected to look, act and sound a certain way. In this day and age woman can look as we want to, do what we want, speak how we want to but there are still some hangovers from the previous century mindset which still haven't worked their ways out of peoples systems/lifestyles. So why firstly do some women (me in the past included) dread speaking about something that is very much a part of themselves?


Well I totally agree there is a time and a place for everything. I was brought up that it was a private part that was to be kept private until you get married (whoops... Sorry mum) and as such don't need to discuss it with the world. Saying that everyone should feel at ease to talk about it should they want to and others should have no need to feel uncomfortable hearing about it. Ladies this is not me encouraging you to discuss this with random strangers or in inappropriate places like the work place (unless you work on gynaecology). If however, you are amongst friends or at some kind of ladies gathering why shouldn't you talk about it? There's nothing to be ashamed of ladies. It's part of you and there's nothing there to be ashamed of.


Talking of lady parts, what do you call it? These days there are so many words for it. Personally it's the lady garden, privates, lady bits, vagina or the V but I think that's the prude in me that cringe away from the others... Shall I name them? OK here goes; pussy (ugh I hate this), clunge (oh it gets worse), cunt (worst surely), clam, fanny and mini (childhood word I think most are taught) just to name a few of the other horrors out there. There is no wrong name for your own parts really. I would however suggest whatever you call it just keep in mind what others may think of your bits as a reflection of the name you give it (wouldn't suggest you call it Dave or bob).


The next thing I'd like to address is how to manicure your lady garden? Is there a right or a wrong? Sex in the city, taught me bikini lines for the WIN and that hollywoods are scary and unpleasant. Who dictates right and wrong? Feminists (some, not all - take note from Caitlin Moran who although a feminist isn't a militant man hater like some) would have us believe that again its those evil Men who dictate how we should trim/wax/epilate ourselves. In truth, I think its us ladies who are most critical of each other. Magazines like cosmopolitan inform us ladies what trends are in the lady garden design departments and more of less make anyone outside of their norm feel wrong or out of fashion. SINCE WHEN DOES YOUR HAIR TRIMMING BECOME FASHION?!?!?! 


What do I say? I say, do as you damn well please. Although I like to please my Mr I know that he'll love me whatever I call my own parts and however i present them. At the end of the day its part of me so I'll talk about it as much or as little as I want and I'll make it look, whatever way I want it to look! This attitude has only really come to me since being with him. Partly this is due to the confidence he instils in me as he knows how self conscious I can be and I think truly thinks I'm beautiful (even if I can't see it). Another reason for the change and most importantly how I have broken out of my prudish nature and am able to talk about these things, is his family. His mum and sister are really outspoken and their family believe there should be no taboos amongst them that they cannot talk about. In the six plus years I've known them, they have finally got me talking on their level and it really does feel freeing.


I hope noone feels uncomfortable reading this blog, or find it offensive. However if you do, "sorry, not sorry". My blog, my rules.


Peace out ☮

No comments:

Post a Comment