Search This Blog

Sunday 24 September 2017

Fashion Edit - trying to build on my wardrobe

As if I really need to, but i'd like to expand my wardrobe selection (even further). Currently i'm on the hunt for a smarter but quirkier look.

I've been searching the online sites for a shirt dress, jumper, legging combo. Something that all together I could smarten up with a handbag and heels; or dress down with dr martens/trainers and a back pack.

Here's the best of what I consider was a bad bunch in the shirt dress department:


Green and blue tartan £18 from Boohoo.com
Multi stripe (middle/top) £16 from Matalan
Red and black check £22 from Boohoo.com
Red and white stripe (Bottom left) £20 from Forever 21
Denim dress £18 from Matalan
Blue and white stripe tent dress £58, French connection c/o Asos


Truly I struggled to find a dress i'd like as I wanted a fairly plain shape, in my size which would cover my bum (i'm 5"7 with a big bum). My favourite of the above would be between three; The french connection number, forever 21 deck chair chic and the school kilt tartan in the top left.



I'm also after a funky pair of jeggings/jeans. Below are my wish list currently:




From left to right

Black leggings lace up front £20 from boohoo
Grey "puppy tooth" legging £4.99 from Select Fashion  
Ripped jeans with patches £9.99 from Select Fashion 
Denim stirrup jeggings £7.50 from ASOS 
Leather look, lace up side legging £25 from boohoo 
Grey and white patterned leggings £4.99 from Select Fashion 
Two tone Jeggings £14 from ASOS - I actually bought these last week. They also come in tall and petite and come in all sizes from 8 to 28!


I'm sure some people will check out some of my choices and think "she doesn't usually dress so out there/funky". That is all my own fault:
1. I don't have the money to buy everything I want
2. I am my own biggest hater and hate myself in everything I wear (I know im not alone in this self doubt and let me tell you, my other half hates how much I hate on myself)
3. I don't really want to be centre of attention - some of these are a bit more out there and I don't really want to draw attention to myself


Oh well. On with the show. I LOVE Dr Martens, and what better to wear them with than pinafores/dungarees:




 From left to right again...

Different shades of denim dungarees £17.50 Boohoo
Snoopy print dungaree dress £29.99 Pull&bear
Blue ditsy print dungaree dress £5.99 Select Fashion
Black formal style pinafore dress £5 Everything£5
Red cord dungaree dress £39 Topshop
Light denim dungaree dress £32 Topshop
Dark denim with faded knees £30 Boohoo




Now this is all fine and dandy but heading into AW17 really I should add some knitwear to the mix. Below are my Knits that I want and perhaps will buy:




From left to right for the last time
Grey sweatshirt jumper dress £30 Missguided 
Pink oversized jumper £25 Boohoo 
Green oversized jumper £18 Boohoo 
Blue "cute by crazy" sweatshirt £9.99 Select Fashion 
Woven black jumper with chiffor inserts £9.99 Select Fashion 




To some these may not be staples but to me they are. I'd love all of the above but i'd settle on at least 2 from each picture if I could. Oh well. Maybe when I win the lottery.

I hope you have enjoyed this fashion edition. Let me know if you want me to do a specific article on any styles/seasons in the comments section.

Peace out 🕊☮

No comments:

Post a Comment