Search This Blog

Thursday 14 September 2017

The chronicles of "trying to be more woman" - Episode 4 - the weekly "what have I used"

When I say, "what have I used" I am not referring to drugs.... No, I am referring to what beauty products I've been using. 


Mixed bag as you can see... some more exciting than others. I did actually forget two items which are part of my daily routine, but instead I will save them and do another article on my hair care.



Starting with the most boring stuff. Sure deodorant... a classic. I have seriously sensitive skin and especially after shaving my pits cannot always take deodorant but sure is always a safe choice. My hair brush is a golden oldie from my childhood. Its lasted the years and will probably last many a year longer, The little pink ball is a lip balm which i got from a beauty calender in Paperchase. I know... not where'd you expect to get a beauty advent calender but wasn't half bad. Some of them were cheap and useless from the advent but this little lip balm was a really pleasant surprise. Refresh drops are still in use due to the dry eye post laser eye surgery. Plasters... YES plasters. These were rubbish and fell off my feet instantly. I had blisters and these did not help. Very disappointing. Dentix is a mouthwash from Aldi. We usually use a purple mouthwash from Aldi however this cool mint was alcohol free and it felt useless. The minty taste was nice to start but wore off within 2 minutes. There was no clean burn which i like from a mouthwash. Wont be getting this again. Lastly on this picture we have the Tesco Coconut and almond shampoo. All chemicals and yet unlike products such as herbal essences, doesn't bring me out in rashes and welts on my scalp. This is a shampoo I can always return to when a new shampoo causes a reaction.



To the right, are the two cleansers I have used this week. The Body shop deep cleansing facial wash I have reviewed before. This is a staple of mine which I really like and again highly rate as it doesn't give me a skin reaction.

Clarity is a on the spot redness reducer/spot skin rescue. This stuff burns but within an hour a spot is visibly smaller. As noted in my last post i used a mask which gave me a bad reaction so i really needed this last week.


Below is a cleanser i gave a go this week. I really liked this and my skin felt so great four hours after. I'd definitely consider buying this in the future and would recommend anyone to try this out, especially if they can get their hands on a free sample as i did.







That of course brings me onto the two Britney spears bottles. Left we have a personal favourite of mine which is now incidental empty, Midnight Fantasy. The other bottle was a recent birthday gift from the ol mother in law of Fantasy. These are quite sweet scent and unfortunately don't stick around on the skin for too long. Oh well.. good while it lasts.







Last but definitely not least is my small weeks worth of lotion and potions. I love Sanctuary Spa products. I find their scents delicious and the products never fail me. The lotion on the left is a real fave of mine at the moment and its over half gone. Its been a great summer favourite as the cooling lotion leaves me feeling so light and fresh before bed. The oil balm on the right is intense, so really great on elbows and knees. The lip and eye cream I've reviewed already on my first beauty blog focusing on my first latest in beauty but to reiterate, this is light on the eyes but also so effective.







I'm hoping I'll be able to order my next "latest in beauty" box next week. I'll review again when that is received.

I hope you enjoyed the article and if you have any specific queries regarding the products, please do not hesitate to ask.

Peace out ☮🕊

No comments:

Post a Comment