Search This Blog

Thursday 21 September 2017

The chronicles of "Trying to be more woman" - Episode 6 - latest in beauty with my Latest in beauty box







Let me begin by saying that I was disappointed when I opened this box. My colleagues could tell you that my face said it all. Partly this is my fault as if I had read measurements online properly then I would have realised these were all fairly small with the exception of the lip products which are all full size. My first order came with a bag, which I wasn't expecting for all future orders but what I was expecting however, was more little freebies like I got with my first order (got like 4 or 5 freebies!!!). I feel like for the first order they threw fistfuls of freebies in to entice the consumer and then by your second order... Nah...... I am on the top package out of the subscriptions so it's really disappointing to get 1 tiny sachet of moisturiser and that's it...... Oh well enough with the moans and on with the show!


The Latest In Beauty website isn't great. I find it it super slow and often I have to log in three or more times in the space of 30 minutes? Going from page to page is painful (but hopefully worth it?) The layout of the website however is really user friendly. As noted in my prior blog, I REALLY like that you build your own box. 


I love that Latest in beauty boxes always include a little postcard! I am a real sucker for a postcard and have a whole tonne from Paperchase which my and a Pal send to each other! Love that this one is a good comedic play on words. This month's postcard gives us "I came, I saw, I contoured". LOVE IT!!





Now onto the fun stuff.... The products.......





Exuviance 
Purifying Clay Masque - Not had a chance to give this a go as yet. Sample size i received was 10g which is a 1/5 the size of the full size product which will set you back £20.89. I'll give this a go over the weekend and review properly in my "what have a used this week" blog.

Marks and Spencers
Nuit Parfum - Sample size is 15ml which is decent as a travel perfume. Full size is 75ml for £28. The scent is slightly musky with floral tones (I feel so snobby for using the term "Floral tones") however it is a slightly old fashioned smell. My other half described it as "Granny".

Eucerin
Intensive Lip Balm - I received the full size product (10ml) which in store will cost you £6. I've tried this yesterday and today and although it goes on nicely and isn't sticky or greasy like some lip repair balms the effects are not long lasting. Comes off within 15 minutes. I also worry with these style applicators as they end up mucky around the top which traps in bacteria.

Natural World
Chia seed oil volume & shine anti gravity oil for fine hair - I know what you're thinking... they could have made the name more specific and elaborate! Joking aside I've used this product last night and really like the affect. I'm a fan of a hair oil as my scalp/skin being sensitive I struggle to find shampoos which are kind on my hair and skin. With fine hair you always run a risk with conditioners and oil sitting heavy in your hair, dragging it down and making it incredibly greasy. NOT the case with this product. This left my hair buoyant and soft from root to tip. I didn't have to use much (as I have very little hair anyway). The sample I have is only 25ml, but at a SUPER cheap £2.99 for 100ml, this is definitely something I will be getting. One improvement I'd make is that for both sample and actual product, they could do with a better dispenser. Perhaps a pipette would make application easier (I applied to fingertips and ran through my hair, however getting it out the bottle was messy).

PHB Ethical Beauty
Organic Lip Crayon (In Pink) - Product I received was the full size 4g in Pink. This pink is perhaps brighter than I'd usually go. Then again i don't usually use a lip liner anyway. Its nice to know this is Vegan 🍂 and a cruelty free product but its a pencil. Nothing to get too excited about. I tried this out for an hour and even after eating dinner, some of it was still there. I'll wear it on a night out sometime soon and let you know the full outcome then. At £8.95, its probably more than I would usually want to pay for a liner product however knowing that it is cruelty free I am more inclined to purchase.

Aurelia
Aromatic repair & brighten hand cream - The sample size is a small 7ml which is a suitable handbag size. It seems small but you only need a little per application. At £28 for 75ml, this would not otherwise have been on my radar. In the past I have spent a maximum of £15 on a hand cream. I'm not sold that you get your moneys worth for £28. You need very little per use, so 75ml would last me and my old lady hands a couple of months. It is however quite greasy even once rubbed in. The scent is strong and quite herbal-ly. The scent very much reminds me of Elemis Cleansing balm (please refer back to my blog on the balm). I would have considered buying this if the full size product were not so expensive.

The Green People
Instant definition lip crayon (Sangria) - Like with the lip liner I tried this out briefly last night before and during dinner. It didn't last too well but giving it the benefit of the doubt, I am trying it out again tonight. I received the full size product and I was dubious about the colour when I chose it, but am completely sold when I'm wearing it. Its quite a dry lipstick but it has a slight metallic sheen which I like. Currently on sale at £10 I'd consider re-buying this colour or trying out another 

Naveen
Firming mask - To be tried this weekend/next week. Review to follow on another blog. Could only find this on US sites? $34.50 for a pack of 6.

Regenerate
Advanced toothpaste - I cannot comment on the long lasting effects as I used it for the first time last night (and reverted back to my normal for the morning) but I did the like the scent and taste. Bad point would be that there was no cleansing burn, nor did it foam. I don't personally like non frothy toothpastes, but that is personal preference. I will review on this again when I've finished it.

That's all I've got for now folks. Follow my blog to keep tabs on the products which i haven't had a chance to test yet.

Peace out ☮







No comments:

Post a Comment