Search This Blog

Sunday 10 September 2017

Fashion edit - "The first step is admitting you have a problem" PART 1

Sunday hangovers is the perfect reason to put together a STUPIDLY large blog. This may take me a while to write but why not since I have nothing better to do. So dishwasher and washing machine on.... Chores can wait til tomorrow... 

Let me tell you a story.... A shoe story. My friends and family know that I like shoes. I like shoes like Kanye likes Kanye.... I have a serious problem. I haven't counted my shoes in years because that would be like admitting to myself that the problem is real. I won't count today either but what I will do is take pictures and tell stories behind my shoes (not all shoes have a story thank goodness or I'd be writing this for years). Please do not count the shoes for me...... I don't need to validate my problem with a number....
 
So here we go. In no particular order I shall present the shoes and provide some stories.... Enjoy.....

 Slip on mules bought in the sales recently from River Island. No longer available in this colour but you can still get them in black......

Bought for the recent wedding I attended which i did blog about... please follow link for more wedding blog funsies. These primark (primarni) wonders were super cheap and so pretty. Shame they gave me huge blisters up my ankles but otherwise really comfy. Bought recently so may still be available in store?

I CANNOT WAIT to wear these in the winter. I got these from https://www.everything5pounds.com/en/ for you guessed it.... £5! These are no longer available so... SUCKS TO BE YOU!
















Standard boring leather black work shoes both left and right... i can say no more.




These wonderful things were bought for my besties hen do. Her theme was gym chic so glittery wedge trainers seemed a must. I got them from https://www.everything5pounds.com/en/ and again these are no longer available. There are alternate glitter trainers available on there however so if you are a fan I'd urge you to check them out. As for these babies.... to the bin they go. There were not as comfortable as you'd expect and the wedge was squidgy and doesn't hold its shape.....


OOOO arty shot.....























Just jellies....... Nothing special. One paint covered from DIY and the other SUPER CHEAP from Amazon (I will not include the links to these as I wouldn't buy them again myself and nor would I recommend others to get these).

Another pair of wedding shoes for another stint as a bridesmaid this year. Again to read more on weddings visit my blog page http://torrancestips.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Wedding. Funny story on this is I've worn these the once for the wedding and when I went to put them on again today the strap BROKE. I will be contacting New Look today to complain!

Oh how i love a faux fur shoe. These pompom wonders are ASOS but i actually bought them "new with tags" off EBAY. I don't think these are available on ASOS anymore so again... SUCKS TO BE YOU. I'd really recommend anyone with a shoe addiction to become well acquainted with EBAY. Its a great and affordable way to feed your addiction and "new with tags" means you're getting a unworn product. BE AWARE... some items are listed as "new with tags" but in the description may say things like "worn once to a party". Avoid or report these adverts/sales. This is false advertisement and should not be tolerated in my books.

Worn once, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of my Kickers. Shame the rip my ankles to shreds 😪. I bought these lovelies full price so even if I never wear them again, I will NEVER throw these!!!!



Large black knee high boots. Not worn these for a while as my calves got too big for them. I plan to wear them all winter.... or until I walk through them...










OH these beauts. I got these when I was sweet 16. Back then I had my corner shop job and these babies were bought in a sale with a whole weeks salary. For me that was a big spend of £35. Real beige suede from a TKMAXX sale 12 years ago (don't calculate my age please), you'd be working miracles to find these again. I used to wear these all the time until a friend of mine threw up on them. I had them dry cleaned but it besmirched them forever in my mind. Don't think i will ever throw these regardless. Ah.... memories.......















Karrimor hiking boots and primark sandals.




 Ha ha ha ha ha. So; I took up running for a year. As with most my hobbies, once I decide to invest money in an accessory for the hobby I give up. Here's a classic example. These cheap looking, barely there running shoes set my parents back £123 back in the day and were used 5 whole times! They look so grubby as they have been gathering dust for about 3 years in amongst my other shoes. I enjoy running (once I claw back a stamina) so will keep and use these. Vibram 5 finger running shoes are still available if you're interested https://www.vibrams.co.uk/collections/womens-vibram-fivefingers.






















More work shoes. One pair (left) unworn from https://www.everything5pounds.com/en/ and the other which have been worn from http://www.marksandspencer.com. These aren't available from either site anymore but do check out Marks's current range of leopard print shoes. They have some shoe game going on!!!


What can I say about these? Sexy? Sleek? I was and still am in love with these Leather high heeled wonders. Bought in Office in a sale I've worn these once and both times ended with crippled toes. Regardless I still have huge love for these sexy shoes and wish I could woman up more and wear these more often. Would also help if I was three inches shorter so I wouldn't tower above everyone whenever I wear these....





                                                                            
  

Welcome to part of the show and tell i love the most. Now for the Vivienne Westwoods. For my birthday one year my other half splashed out on these. Sadly they live in a carrier bag as I used the special box they came in to pass my Guinea Pig onto the Vets for cremation when he died (well he couldn't go in just any box, could he).
I have worn these once and the pain was terrible but I shall wear them again one day. There's a repeating theme with that phrase. I love them but I don't wear them but I will again...... hmmmmmm










TOPSHOP shoesies bought from https://www.ebay.co.uk/





Another present but this one worn MANY times. These were (years ago) from New look. They are almost a whole size too big so I have to pad out the ends and pop in insoles but... WORTH IT. They are super comfy for a night out even with the height of the heel. Black goes with everything so WIN.










BAM! Statement boot. Biker style boot from Dorothy Perkins about 6 years ago. Once again bought in a sale but worn MANY MANY TIMES. Although a tall stiletto heel, these a surprisingly comfortable and offer really good ankle support (something I appreciate as I get older).


Pink and Proud. These leather lovelies from Office were bought... you guessed it... in a sale. If memory serves me well these were under £10 in a boxing day sale some 5-10 years ago. I've replace the heel many times and need to again. Easy comfy and STATEMENT!









So this is some of my collection. I'm not sure how much of the collection this makes up but I'm going to say 1/3. I love all my shoes. I have thrown out two pairs this week meaning I need to begin sorting through again to find a new pair of "regular" everyday shoes to wear.

Terribly, this experience of playing with my shoes today has inspired me to find more. It really shouldn't as this is half the stock under my spare bed, not taking into consideration the stash under my desk at work, the stash in my cupboard in my bedroom and the stash by the front door. Hell I even have spare shoes at my mums and my other half's mums.... oh and those three pairs in my car ..... and those by the back door.... This may be less than a third of my collection.......

Want to see more? Well you best tune in (or sign up to my emailer below) to be kept in the loop. Til next time...... PEACE OUT

1 comment:

  1. I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark
    shop online fashion

    ReplyDelete