Search This Blog

Friday 8 September 2017

Rage page - why me?

Why is it that after a night out the drunks, druggies, weirdos and generally the mentally unstable want to chat to me?

Since a young age, wherever I go and however I reach that destination I attract the person who whether you like it or not, want to have a chin wag with me. Generally it's on a later night bus or train but I am also sometimes approached in daylight hours..... daylight. ... for goodness sake i thought I could be sage in daylight (when you can see me in my full glory minus any beer goggles or dark lighting).

So why me? Is my round face and bright clothing (ironic that as I write this I am for the first time in a long while in all black) perceived as friendly and approachable? Am I lacking a resting bitch face (RBF) factor?

This approachability factor which I must possess also affects those which accompany me. Often on a journey home I am approached by these strangers who want to discuss everything from world politics to just repeatedly asking me my name.....unfortunately if you accompany me, you are also subject o these ear batterings. ..

Last night was prime example however this time I must blame (yes blame) my colleague.... When boarding our train we heard "hold the train" I'm an Irish (ish) accent. The train wasn't due to leave for 15 minutes therefore we both shot this stranger a filthy (in the negative sense, not in the kinky sense) look and carried on. Unfortunately this drunken stranger caught up and decided to sit and chat with us.  This stranger which I shall name "drunken older fella" was not alone but still chose to chat away to us rather than his own friend.... As mentioned I blame my colleague for this instance and you may ask why. Well up to this point you could say either of us attracted the drunken old fella. Unfortunately though she encouraged his behaviour and responded to his questions and singing...... worse thing she could of done. Encouraged by her replies he continued to sing songs and chat away at us. Eventually we moved seats because he was weirdly flirting with us both and it made us both uncomfortable. In this instance he didn't follow... thank the Lord,  praise jesus.

This instance is one of many however so again I ask with dismay. ... why me?

As a teenager I would encourage these strangers by chatting back, like a polite lady does. As an older version of that person (creeping up on 30) I'm more hardened to these encounters and generally if I'm on my own, ignore them (like any good Londoner should). If drunk.... I probably talk back (bad self!). 9 times out of 10 now I ignore the approacher and they bore themselves and find another victim for their questions and opinions.

The question is, how do I stop them approaching in the first place? Can one learn RBF? Is there a polite way to say "bugger off"? Is there a way to hide, to avoid the approach in the first place?

I don't know, so if you have advice please do comment.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed.  If you did enjoy please read my other blogs.

Peace out! ✌


No comments:

Post a Comment