Search This Blog

Saturday 26 August 2017

The chronicles of "Trying to be more woman" - Episode 1.

First question I should answer is how did these chronicles begin?

Well.... late last year i began to watch a fabulous television show on Netflix called "Ru Paul's drag race" and realised that there are more men in the world who can pull off femininity than I can. Watching the show I truly saw that these men could pull off a more feminine appearance than I could even with the disadvantages they faced such as prejudice, rejection and facial hair. It was at this point I began planning to try harder with my appearance. Starting with eating healthier and going to the gym moving onto going to fitness bootcamp classes, dressing better and lastly I am introducing myself to the world of cosmetics.

With no knowledge of the purpose of most cosmetics, brushes, pencils and other paraphernalia I began asking around for advice. My first source was a work colleague called Mariette. This French beauty already has her own beauty blog but is also known within our team to collect cosmetics and beauty products as a guilty habit. She suggested I try some of the Beauty boxes out there which would provide the clueless like myself a variety. Suggested were some of the usual faces such as Birchbox, Look Fantastic, Glossy Box and the list goes on..... for me the one which I was really attracted to was Latest in beauty.

Why latest in beauty? Why let me tell you. Unlike the others this box offers CHOICE! I chose the 9 item option since I found a voucher code it meant my first box would be a measly £12.60. BARGAIN.  So what did i get? Allow me to show you:





As well as adding my reviews on the items to the Latest in beauty website i'll do a quick run through now.

Packaging - Ethical, simple cardboard box with pink (YAY favourite colour alert) tissue paper

Cosmetic bag - Sweet slogan/sentiment however as with most I assume, I have my own at home which i prefer. I gave this to another colleague (another blogger) Shradha.

KIKO Blush stick - This was entirely new cosmetic brand but also type of cosmetic. In the past i've only used bronzer in powder form. I found this too bright a colour for me as I already have naturally Bright rosey cheeks, however it went on and blended easily on top of my fairly greasy normal  The Bodyshop BB cream. KIKO are currently having an amazing sale (correct as of 26.08.2017) so head over now for some fantastic bargains!!!

Weleda Skin Food - This is a fairly heavy cream so although its great for dry patches on your face, i'd only suggest it as a night cream. Great for dry elbows and knees however and has a very pleasant citrus style scent.

The Organic Pharmcy Lip and Eye cream - Personally I find this light and pleasant to use. It rubs in quickly and seems to last all day.  Please note this seems to be contrary to popular opinion as on the latest in beauty site, this has had a fair few bad reviews.

Elemis Face cleansing balm - Erm..... coming soon?


Paul Mitchell Fast form cream gel - Erm..... coming soon?

Aromatherapy Associates Support breathe bath and shower oil - My other half and I tried this one out (no kinky business I promise). In the bath this gave off a glorious scent which i could smell well before i reached the bathroom. My other half felt this left him greasy after his bath but otherwise enjoyed it, however for me it left me soft, musky scented and relaxed.

The Library Of Fragrance Baby powder Eau de Parfum - This was a great size for this beauty box and being that it is a Parfum, the scent went onto the skin strong and lasted all day. My Colleagues have commented all week that when I pass they smell the baby powder. Of all the products this is one which I will purchase again in the future for sure!

Sanctuary Spa Luxurious Body Butter - I picked this product as it was something I have used before and have recently began using regularly again. The size was decent considering the cost of the product normally. As someone with sensitive skin, I've never had an issue with this brand and know the product to do as advertised. An added bonus is that Sanctuary Spa are also i believe animal friendly and most products are also VEGAN 🍃 friendly which in the cosmetic market is quite rare.

Eylure Brow Amplifier in Blonde - Heres the big question mark of the bag for me.... does this work or am I just using it wrong? I Youtube-d how to use this product and didnt get the clearest of answers, however the market of beauty bloggers seem to be going mad over this brand. It should do something but for me I felt it left my eyebrows itchy??!?!?!? Probably one to mark up as a failure on my part?

 I recieved some other free samples such as a mask, perfume, cleanser, lotion and mouthwash too! Well worth the price for this box!

I hope you have enjoyed my first episode. Tune in for episode 2 by setting up an email reminder at the bottom of my blog.

THANKS FOR READING!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment